Wednesday, September 16, 2009

if there were a god (or I believed in one)...

Surely the exquisite creature I witnessed in the Vic building on campus today was an exercise in god's ability to create an immaculate human male in visage. So effortless in manner, style, and grace this person (I shudder to call him a man, as his face had the porcelain quality of a doll) was that I dared not speak a word lest he disappear in a pouf of my own rife imagination. What a perfect sequence of DNA the randomness of the universe cast on him. I quickly moved my pithy beverage off the brown leather of the divan in the foyer as he made to sit down beside me - so gauche seeming this refreshment was in his presence. He said "thank you". We read our books in relative silent understanding and camaraderie, both enjoying the lazy atmosphere of our beloved building. We spent an hour together (yet apart) - neither saying anything. Eventually he got up and disappeared downstairs in his James Dean-esque essence. I took my leave - thinking how wonderful that he should exist in this universe.

No comments: