Tuesday, June 1, 2010

the irony of hate, join me

When I get mad, this is what I go through in my head to feel better:

Cravely : Okay I know it was difficult for you to come here hat in hand (pause) it's not the kind of (pause) upbringing --I guess is the word I'm looking for, it's not the kind of man you are. I understand that, I'm not looking to humiliate you, not looking to exact a price in any way so why don't you just apologize, we'll call it uh water under the uh damn and go about our business.
Gust : Excuse me what the FUCK!
Cravely: What?
Gust: What the fuck are you talking about?
Cravely: Claire George said you were coming in here to apologize.
Gust: I'm supposed to come in here so you could apologize.
Cravely: According to whom?
Gust: Claire George.
Cravely: You told me to go fuck myself, I'm supposed to apologize to you?!
Gust: Also water goes over a dam and under a bridge you
poncey schoolboy.
Cravely: Clearly there's been a miscommunication between Claire George and somebody.
(maintenance man fixing the window pokes his head in)
Maintenance Man: Excuse me, does this look alright? (points at glass window seperating Cravely's office from the rest of the floor)
Cravely: Yah.
Maintenanace man: I could sand it down a little?
Gust: I've got no fuckin' idea who this guy is.
Cravely: HE is HERE to fix the glass you broke the last time you were here. (to Mainenance man) Could you just excuse us for a second? (shuts door)
You tell me to go fuck myself and I'm supposed to apologize? You break my window, *I'm* supposed to apologize?
Gust: The Helsinki job was mine!
Cravely: The Helsinki job was NOT yours if it WAS yours you'd be in Helsinki.
Gust: Alan Wolfe stood in this office....
Cravely: Alan Wolfe is no longer
Gust: It was ON THE BOOKS
Cravely: Alan Wolfe is no longer the director of European Operations he does not make those appointments, I do.
Gust: Promises were MADE.
Cravely: Not by me.
Gust: I've been with the company for TWENTY FOUR years, I was posted in Greece for FIFTEEN - Papa Andreiou WINS that election if I don't have the JUNTA take him prisoner. I've advised and armed the Hellenic army! I've NEUTRALIZED CHAMPIONS OF COMMUNISM. I'VE SPENT THE PAST THREE YEARS LEARNING FINNISH! WHICH WILL COME IN HANDY HERE IN *VIRGINIA* AND I'M NEVER EVER SICK AT SEA. SO I WANNA KNOW WHY I'M NOT GONNA BE YOUR HELSINKI STATION CHIEF!
Cravely: You're coarse.
Gust: Excuse ME?
Cravely: For Helsinki I need someone with diplomatic skills...you don't have them.
Gust: Is that right?
Cravely: That is right and I don't know why the hell I didn't fire you when YOU BROKE MY FUCKING WINDOW.
Gust: Oh yes sure you do, Cravely...
Cravely: Look Gust....
Gust: Yeah you're fuckin' Roger's fiance and you know I know....
Cravely: I'm not...I'm not....I'm not even gonna dignify that with a response.
Gust: Yeah yeah, you're dignifying her in the ass at the Jefferson Hotel room 1210....but let me ask you...the 3000 agents Turner fired was that because they lacked diplomatic skills as well?
Cravely: You're referring to Admiral Stansfield Turner?
Gust: Yeah the 3000 agents each and every one of them first or second generation Americans, is that because they lacked the proper diplomatic skills or did Turner not think it was a good idea to have spies who could speak the same language as the people they're fucking spyin' on?
Cravely : Well I'm sorry but you can hardly blame the director for QUESTIONING THE LOYALTY to America of people who are just barely Americans in the first place.
Gust:
Yeah. Well I'd like to take a moment to review the several ways in which you're a douchebag.
Cravely: GET THE FUCK OUT OF MY OFFICE.
Gust: Yes Sir (salutes)
Cravely: Before I end your career asshole.
Gust: Yes Sir (mockingly)
(Gust opens the door to leave and bumps into Maintenance Man)
Gust: Yeah my friend I'm gonna need you for a second (grabs hammer from Maintenance Man and smashes the newly repaired window in Cravely's office)
Cravely: GOD DAMNIT!
Gust: My loyalty! For twenty four years people have been trying to kill me! People who know how. Now do you think that’s because my dad was a Greek soda pop maker? Or do you think that's because I'm an American spy?
Go fuck yourself, you fucking child! (Exuent)

So, Gust Avratakos was a real guy. His dad was a soda pop maker. I've always wanted to be able to go on a large tirade against someone who was pissing me off, this lets me experience that vicariously. And Philip Seymour Hoffman is a motherfucking genius.

No comments: