Thursday, January 20, 2011

anger and cars

Another strange day has passed by. Resetting your circadian rhythms is not easy, but I think I may be close to succeeding. Whatever that means. I woke up so that I would make it to class on time (for maybe the first time all year, shaddup) and the TTC completely bungled my attempt. I now understand why, but this morning I was livid. Decided to cut my losses and do some reading at the one place I maybe do love in the city: Crema. The macchiato tasted extra good. Got some reading and writing done and realized that I've been writing in my notebooks more, probably because I've made this blog public, which is okay. It might just mean that some people get less of an insight into my life. (I have no pretensions, I know only like....3 people read it) But just in case...

The incident this morning made me angry enough that I didn't want to be around irritants. I spent the day, post coffee, vacillating somewhere between moods. Actively trying to pursue the good. Seeing a friendly face helped. It diffused the rage and clicked me into a completely different movie which is necessary. Some sort of distraction or positive misdirection. (Does that even make sense?) The rest of the day was ...surprisingly productive. Didn't revisit the room cleaning though. My rationale is that a) a mess is indicative of genius and I'm a genius, 2) because I'm a genius I know where everything is. See what I did there? With the genius and the number/letter.....oh never mind.

Bumming around on flickr for the past 15 minutes has brought some other stuff to my attention. Specifically re: my skills at organizing my crap. This goes with that whole messy room thing. Like the fact that I take photos of all these awesome cars on Toronto (and other) streets and I don't know what half of them are. Fast forward a bit and I'm on Hemmings blog. If you've ever read the Gernsback Continuum and liked it, you'll love this site. Mostly sexy vintage cars. It popped into google reader a while ago, probably via fffffound and it's been captivating me since. There's one specific car that I have on flickr that I just can't place, so I'm playing matchy-matchy now. It looks like a vintage Corvette convertible and then it doesn't, it's kind of frustrating. I'm sure if I don't find anything in about an hour I'll just give up and email them.
No there is no point to me telling you this, I just think that vintage car blogs are cool. I'm also rueing the day that I lost the framed vintage Le Mans postcards in a breakup. Grr.
Take a peek at some of these:





So pretty, all from Hemmings, oh they do motorcycles too.
Upon further research it looks like the car I'm having trouble pinpointing is a ....Buick? Maybe?
Oh also...hood ornaments are boss. Let's talk about those soon.


No comments: