Tuesday, December 2, 2008

procrastination squared

S and I have this conversation several times a year.  Usually right before we have major essays due - but this time it's for the same class.  The big P word.  We both put it off for as long as we can and then want to smack ourselves over the head for it.  Always thinking "this is the last time I wait so long".  We never learn, and then we're invariably stuck the night before an eight page essay is due, sitting in front of bright screens facing a blank page.  It's the worst feeling.  
He's better at it than I am.  He can pull an A out of his a** without so much as a blink - to be that gifted would be great. 
Hm - look at what I'm doing now, when I should be doing my primary document analysis. 
The self knowing smile sits smugly on my face.

No comments: