Friday, December 12, 2008

this apparatus must be unearthed

Not sure why I held off listening to this for so long.  I think I was afraid of disappointment and I was not paying attention to releases that were coming out.  I had stopped listening to music almost entirely for a while.  I had stopped carrying my Ipod.  I was exhausted.  And I can't even pinpoint why.  I finally listened to a whole song and my reaction was positive, I knew I wouldn't be let down.  Even though this album came out almost three years ago (how could I have waited that long?) it feels new.  
I suppose it's good because now it gives me something new to listen to until the next one comes out - as if that could be fast enough.  Sometimes this is the only thing I have to live for - that eerie but gorgeous high feeling you get when a piece of music hits you in those familiar places that have no tangible name.  The way they capture and explain exactly who you are and how you feel and what you want and need.  To explain.  I don't mean that in a "boo hoo I have nothing to live for but my emo music" way. I just think that if I can experience more intensity because of this group of people who blend music and words so vividly, that gives me more to look forward to in life.
That constant sweetly agonizing anticipation.

No comments: