Saturday, March 21, 2009

a depth perception languished in the night

It's incredibly hard trying to find a climbing partner these days, nobody has the time or the money and this makes me cranky. As I survey my room I realize that there is absolutely NO way (even if I have someone to go with) that I will climb tomorrow. I have two essays that I have not even looked at parameters for and they're due in a week. Tantamount to that is the fact that my room is a disgusting pigsty. Clean room takes precedence over essays - can't do essays in a mess. I've been meaning to get this done in the past little while but there's always so much other stuff to do.
Today I got home from work and I decided to watch the Battlestar Galactica special on Space because my prof was one of the panelists - and it was quite hilarious. Then I watched a spectacular episode of Dollhouse and it was great because Joss Whedon's voice really did start coming through in this episode and I love Helo (Tahmoh Penikett). He's known as Helo in BSG but he's one of the main characters in Dollhouse - it's just easier to address him as Helo. What a great stinkin' name.
So now I feel like a freaking fifteen year old - lookit me I love teevee characters. Actually Dollhouse - although somewhat conceptually ripped off from a William Gibson idea in Neuromancer/a Johnny Mnemonic character (see backstory of Molly Millions) - is a veritable ocean of possibility. All of the minute pebbles that have been strewn throughout the first five episodes have converged to drive the plot forward and make it a more enjoyable....a more satisfyingly Whedon-esque intrigue. I like that there's something of a nod to Firefly in there with the character that played Badger as an FBI agent. The character of Topher is a mix of Wash/Kaylee and wholly reminds me of my friend H. Especially with the food references. Ha. It's nice to be following something current because House is really starting to get maybe boring? And that's hard for me to say.

No comments: