Tuesday, March 10, 2009

vicarious atonement

Officially - my separation papers have probably not been processed, but unofficially - it is over. There are no regrets - only movement forward. There are so many things that I want to say - but there's no point now. Mostly I'm gripped by a forlorn feeling of disbelief. To think that someone I had known for nearly four years would not take stock in the consistency of who I had been - and believe the lies of another, holding an irrational grudge, it is best left behind. Perhaps my logic is obsolete in this - but I can't wrap my mind around why I'm being held against a wall in the mind of this - dare I say - woman? More like a child who isn't getting her way. I was wrong in assuming that people grew out of this by their mid twenties. Maybe some never do. My mind will let this go eventually but it's an intriguing puzzle. For now I'll enjoy my self imposed excommunication - immensely.

No comments: