Wednesday, November 11, 2009

someone get rid of her

I realize that by writing about it I'm just falling into the trap they've set up. Either hate it or love it, but either way, you'll have an opinion.
I'm talking about the new Lady GaGa video. I feel so dirty mentioning that here. Concept - possibly interesting. The dancing - terrible. The song - worst piece of crap I've listened to in a while. This girl just wants to be able to prance around in really expensive designer clothing and be like "look, look how good my taste is! Look how weird I am!" And it's really fucking annoying. There isn't really any coherence to the lineup of outfits she has in the video. Honestly it reminded me of a really brightly coloured wanna-be H.R. Giger set. The worst part is that she's supposed to make people want to dance. That song is not danceable. On top of all this she's not even consistent - she wears really interesting high concept couture, but then she has a pair of white sunglasses on that clearly say "Carrera". Make.Up.Your.Fucking.Mind.

*walks away grumbling about the irritating state of pop culture these days*

No comments: