Sunday, April 12, 2009

it paved a wave of distance between the syntax error

This weekend seemed to devolve into just a fullness of rockband playing. Which nobody can really complain about because it's just so much darned fun. So we formed a new outfit, Dave, G and I - A Tribe Called Band. How original. S and I have two other ones, but he didn't bring the XBOX like he was supposed to - anyway the point is, we had to play this one song by Coheed and Cambria whom I have never listened to. Turns out they are somewhat decent, well at least the one song is. This man I dated in my formative years - I don't know if I should call him a man because really he still seems like a boy to me - turned out to really like them. I remember having a conversation with him several years ago where he urged me to listen to them and I didn't because as I remember it, Ang seemed to have semi bad taste in music. So I wiki'd - and apparently one of the bands they were influenced by were At The Drive In. Mind you Coheed and Cambria sound like a minstrel progressive band - which is attractive in its own right.

Non-sequitur, why did I never notice that Omar Rodriguez-Lopez is left handed? I've seen him in concert so many times and it didn't equate until I watched a video online.

Back to our regular programming. So this whole Rock Band thing led me to a youtube search of some of the songs that one plays in this game. And here is my nugget of the day: why do people in bands defined by specific genres always dress the part? See this makes me want to start a black metal band and then dress like a professor of literature. It kills me that supposed artists accede to the unspoken universal rules of genre image.

No comments: